Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Friday, April 15, 2011

No Logo - Naomi Klein



Because I am always behind the times and do not follow the trends, I just read this book about modern production, marketing, and consumption processes now. Probably not that big of a deal because, besides getting side-swiped by 09.11.01, I'm guessing not much has changed. Or, you know, it did not all of the sudden get magically better. In any event, knowing how the world works is important if you want to do something about it or if you just want to operate efficiently in the world as it exists. I was teasing, while reading this book, that this book was the best book that I had ever read about any topic - ever. I was just kidding around but, still, this book was pretty good.

Two quotes from the book:

" . . . while wandering his mind during his last illness." p. 263

"If we tell them all companies are guilty, they will feel they can do nothing." p. 423

No comments:

Post a Comment