Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Farewell to Arms - Ernest Hemingway


I re-read "A Farewell to Arms" in celebration of Ernest Hemingways' birthday. The version I read had this cover and was garbage-picked from a nicer house in my neighborhood. A previous reader annotated the book with underlining and insights such as "death" and "guilt." I enjoyed reading "A Farewell to Arms" more this time around than I did at age 16 but it was not a better book. Does that make sense?

Here I am on the front porch of the house where Hemingway was born in Oak Park, IL a few days ago. Old timey effect added by my wife. It's an old house, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment