Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory



Yeah, yeah, yeah. It came out twenty years ago today. So did "Nevermind" by Nirvana. And when you think about time passing, it's kind of weird and whatever. I rememeber when this record came out. I was 19 and went to the "Nevermind" record release party at Peabody's Down Under and saw Nirvana right around the record being released at the Empire with Urge Overkill opening up. Both of those buildings have been torn down and nothing has replaced them yet. I guess they are building in the Flats. Aside from going to shows and being a young rock and roller, Nirvana was never really my thing. They did not speak to me. A Tribe Called Quest did and does. I haven't listened to Nirvana since 1991 aside from when Kurt Cobain died and it was on television all of the time. When I was a runner for a law firm, I used to play "The Low End Theory" and "The Chronic" and "3 Feet High and Rising" and the New Bomb Turks and Gaunt and the Pagans and Guided by Voices on cassette while walking around downtown CLE delivering envelopes. This was the 90s to me and my twenties.

No comments:

Post a Comment