Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Too Much Magic - James Howard Kunstler


I was a big fan of "The Long Emergency" when it came out - probably because I was in law school at the time and looking for the world to end quickly, preferably before the bar exam.  That did not happen, nor is the world going to end in my lifetime.  All bets are off for when after I'm dead, however.  Who knows what's going to happen?  While I'm sure that the world is not going to end during my lifetime, it sure is going to suck and this book tells you why.  Peak oil.  Over population.  Energy crisis.  Economy collapse.  Ineffective government.  It's all here in this book.  And JHK is also going to tell you that no amount of technological advancement is going stop the bum rush.  He even predicts a world without the internet.  Imagine that!  He's not saying the sky is falling if you believe that it's true.  I'd recommend this book and "The Long Emergency" if you want a taste of why the world is broken and why it is not going to get fixed.  And you can find his blog on the internet, while it's still here, for daily updates on the slow apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment