Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Are We Not Men? We Are Devo! - Jade Dellinger & David Giffels


I never gave too much thought to Devo.  I always knew they were from Akron and they played with Sun Ra for WMMS back in the day.  I knew the songs by Devo that everybody else knows and I would see Mark Mothersbaugh on shows that my kidz watch.  And then I heard some Devo demos on the Budget Rock Showcase and saw that Superior Viaduct was reissuing them, and then you feel like it is such a small world and maybe you're missing out on something.  Or maybe not.  I liked this book a lot and more than I like the concept of Devo, which is pretty great and more appealing to me than the music itself.  It's a great story.  Lots of Akron and Kent State history in it.  And if you're like me and feel like it's your responsibility in life to read every single book with the words "Dead Boys" in it, then by all means, check this book out.  It was a good one.

Better info here:

http://www.devobook.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment