Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Friday, December 20, 2013

Iggy: Open Up and Bleed - Paul Trynka


My interest in Iggy Pop's life and career after the Stooges is pretty minimal and this book had plenty of it.  Lots of Stooges content, for sure, but the version I read did not have almost anything about the reunion years.  Wondering if there is an update?  I also found out, on the bus while reading this book, that if I would have been born, I would have been related to Iggy by marriage for a short period of time between the first and second Stooges' albums.  Yes, a distant family member lived at Stooge Hall aka the Funhouse in Ann Arbor, MI.  Fun facts about Mr. Suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment