Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis




I thought I read this book just after high school, but I did not. I read "Bright Lights, Big City" instead. The problem was that I saw the "Less Than Zero" movie but, go figure, never saw "Bright Lights, Big City." I remember when "American Psycho" came out, people were up in arms or at least commenting on how graphic it was. I'm not sure where that was coming from as this book is pretty graphic. I would have expected it out of Mr. Ellis. Also, this book was pointless, which I guess is the point.

Fun fact: I bought this book used and the person who owned the book before me put notes in the margins. Really dumb notes for a book that is not that hard to get. They stop after a couple at the beginning of the book. I wonder if the person finished the book or if it was just to0 much to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment