Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Buzzard - John Gorman



I did not listen to WMMS that much while growing up. I remember hearing Mr. Leonard once and that's about it. I never listened to music that much on the radio past Casey Kasem as a little kid and I was too punk rock for WMMS as a teenager. As an adult, I listened to Browns games on WMMS when they weren't on WTAM. So, I did not have much interest, besides that in "general Cleveland music history," in reading this book. It was a Christmas give from my mother a few years ago. I dumped coffee on it almost immediately and let it sit on the bookshelf unread.

My bad. It was good book - no matter how corny and annoying commercial radio is and always will be. The book was well-written and very interesting. A must read is any book that mentions Tokyo Shapiro.

No comments:

Post a Comment