Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Thursday, March 31, 2011

OFF! at the Grog Shop





I missed CIDER because I was told that they were going on later than they did. I got to watch them take their equipment off stage and that was great. Very punk rock. Missed the other band play because I went down to WRUW to watch Destructor play live on the radio. Hopefully watching Matt Flammable up close and seeing how he does it will have a positive effect on my drumming. OFF! were fantastic. As much as there is about this band that seems too cleverly pre-packaged and, in spite of the fact that Keith Morris rambled on stage like a punk rock Abe Simpson, it's what's in the grooves that matters - to quote a phrase - and OFF! has got it. Sounding awfully like early Black Flag, OFF! played all of their songs very well and I went home feeling like I reconnected with paret of me that has been lost for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment