Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Saturday, June 25, 2011

The New Salem Witch Hunters at the Happy Dog







I saw the Witch Hunters for the first time 21 years ago. It was at the Babylon A Go Go as my eyes started to open to rock music as a living breathing thing - something that was happening at the moment, not just at an old Who concert. Dave Atkins jumped in the crowd a couple of times at the Babylon and I tried to avoid him. Not much has changed in 21 years. Dave Swanson started playing second guitar and then moved to drums. Dave Atkins still walks the bar. Beautiful. If you are asking if you can still do it into your fifties, the answer is yes. Yes, you can.

1 comment:

  1. Quite bummed I missed this show. I was fairly confident you'd be in attendance...

    ReplyDelete