Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pink Floyd - April 15, 1972






Pink Floyd
Hollywood Sportatorium
Pembroke Pines, FLA
April 15, 1972

At the time, I guess this was the only big place for concerts in southern Florida. No air conditioning. Torn down in 1993.

There is a bootleg of this show out there but I could not get my hands on it due to the crackdown on the internet. No downloads anywhere and I'm not going to start bit torrenting again. I just don't have the time. Following Pink Floyd around on tour forty years ago has been fun but, in light of the difficulties posed in getting boots and the fact that my favorite period of Pink Floyd was pre-Darkside, this hobby may be coming to an end. I like looking at where Pink Floyd played, but it's going to be bigger venues from here on out and there really is less fun in that. We'll see, but I'm probably winding down here.

Pre-Darkside Pink Floyd forever, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment