Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Blondie - Parallel Lines (Chrysalis, 1978)

In March, 2014, Uncut named its 50 Greatest American Punk Albums: 1975 - 1983.  I am listening to one a day and making comments.


Number 17 on the list.  I had this record when I was a kid.  It has "Heart of Glass" on it, which was a pretty big hit.  It also has Blondie's second best song: their version of the Nerves' "Hanging on the Telephone."  Not only did I have the actually record, but I also remember having a bubblegum version of the record with a tiny version of the sleeve and a piece of gum shaped like a record.  This record is good for me for the memories and the hits, which is all I want out of Blondie at this point.  





No comments:

Post a Comment