Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Suicide - Suicide (Red Star, 1977)

In March, 2014, Uncut named its 50 Greatest American Punk Albums: 1975 - 1983.  I am listening to one a day and making comments.





Number 12 on the list.  I used to own this record in white label promo form - a mint review copy that I traded to my friend Doug before I got a chance to listen to it.  I knew that the Spacemen 3 did Suicide songs, so I was interested in listening to this record on that point alone, but never got around to doing it.  Finally, in the last couple of years, Ben Yawns was playing this record at the practice space and singing its praises.  What I heard, I dug.  So I got and dig it.  Minimalist electronic weirdness.  Genius. 

No comments:

Post a Comment