Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Heartbreakers - L.A.M.F. (Track, 1977)


In March, 2014, Uncut named its 50 Greatest American Punk Albums: 1975 - 1983.  I am listening to one a day and making comments.


Number 10 on the list.  I'm not down on the Heartbreakers for spawning the Eighties hair band but I should be.  Many of those clowns thought they were the Heartbreakers but they were not.  Okay, so the song "Pirate Love" could have been a Poison song, but I love it and it there something a little tougher in "Pirate Love" than "Talk Dirty to Me" and the Heartbreakers do stuff like "Chinese Rocks" too.  With these comments, I hope you get what the Heartbreakers sound like.

No comments:

Post a Comment