Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Jim Carroll Band - Catholic Boy (ATCO, 1980)

In March, 2014, Uncut named its 50 Greatest American Punk Albums: 1975 - 1983.  I am listening to one a day and making comments.


Number 23 on the list.  Another one that I used to own twenty or so years ago that I am revisiting as almost new now because I pretty much forgot what this record sounded like at all.  It reminded of Elvis Costello in music and mouthful of lyrical content.  I listened to this record again on a drive down to Akron, OH and, while I wasn't counting down the minutes until the record was over, I didn't play it again either and rode in silence for the remainder of the drive.  Funny thing is the song "People Who Died" of off the record would not leave my head no matter how much I tried to think about something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment