Sunday Morning Jazz and Blues

Sunday Mornings. 7 to 9 a.m. WCSB-Cleveland 89.3 FM or www.wcsb.org. Hosted by Mr. Suit a/k/a DJ Total Business

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Half Japanese - 1/2 Gentlemen/Not Beasts (Armageddon, 1980)

In March, 2014, Uncut named its 50 Greatest American Punk Albums: 1975 - 1983.  I am listening to one a day and making comments.


Number 28 on the list.  I can't remember why I bought this album the first time around back in the nineties.  I think that it was just reissued and I was probably impressed by the fact that Half Japanese's first record was a 3 LP set.  Yeah, I didn't listen to this a ton when I bought it because it's kind of hard to listen to and I don't own it today.  Mostly, it's just Half Japanese making noise for a couple of minutes and calling it a song.  The charm is Jad Fair's childlike voice and lyrics and if you listen to their cover of "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out" on the set, you pretty much get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment